Priscilla and Ashley Talk New Year Marketing Resolutions
Just like our old pal T.S. Eliot said, "last year's words belong to last year's language, and next year's words await another voice." In this episode, Momma Bird - Priscilla McKinney and Little Bird Content Marketing Specialist - Ashley Le Blanc talk about greeting the new year with a swift karate chop, and ditching all those bad marketing habits you might have picked up through the years.
Want a sneak peek? Here's the overview of the tips!
1. Stop selling so hard. Learn about Priscilla's Rule of 15, which lays out a balanced framework for social posting that integrates sales without being annoying.
2. Stop treating social media like an afterthought. Short form content is an art form unto itself, and shouldn't be approached haphazardly, or shoved off on the nearest administrative assistant.
3. Stop pretending that "content" equals "blogging." Google looks at more than just the blog to determine your site's authority - think video and audio - and expand your content landscape.
[ 3a. If it's not an important topic to your ideal client persona, stop blogging about it. Pull reports. Analyze the data. Adapt. ]
4. Stop keyword spamming. You can't just cram a keyword between every other word in a blog and expect to get results. It was never a good practice anyway, now it's bad form and completely ineffectual. Just stop please. For more blogging tips, tune-in to "Priscilla and Ashley Talk Turkey, Robots and Blogging."
[ 4a. Don't put all your eggs in the backlink basket. Internal links build a better network for authority. ]
5. Stop winging it. Make a plan, and hold your content accountable to your organization and your strategy.
This episode is not just brimming; it's overflowing with actionable tips you need to implement to get your 2019 marketing plan whipped into shape. Shape it up. Set it straight.
More about this episode's sponsor:IIeX Europe is just around the corner! This event brought to you by GreenBook is all about new ideas, new approaches and new connections in market research and insights. Join the brightest and boldest minds in market research, all under one roof. For the full lineup and registration details, click here. Oh, and register with the promo code LITTLEBIRD to save 20%!
Conversations with Priscilla McKinney, founder and President of Little Bird Marketing, a boutique marketing firm specializing in "better than your average bear" branding design and campaigns. As a marketing principal and serial entrepreneur topics range from marketing best practices to the reality of running a business, managing creatives, company culture, and other marketing oddities.